Re: Xen support in DragonFlyBSD and donation of one VPS for development

From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:18:04 +1000

hi there

xen is dominant in vps's but its hardly superior. ibm and redhat have both abandoned leaving it as a kernel fork with limited major developers, it whilst kvm has been merged in to the mainline linux kernel.

virtio has also been adopted by virtualbox, so virtio drivers would cover two virt technologies.

the main restriction for vps providers is that the kvm support in happy commercial vps gui software is very limited at thus stage.

on the other hand private cloud software is heavily falling behind kvm.

also, openbsd has vmware drivers now. which could be merged.

my 2c