Re: newfs_hammer doesn't set dedup time

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:51:46 -0700 (PDT)

:
:I made a new Hammer filesystem on the laptop disk and looked at the output of
:hammer cleanup, which shows no dedup. I ran hammer config on it, and there is
:a dedup line, but it's commented out. The PFSs have no config. How come?
:
:Pierre
:--

    dedup isn't turned on my default.  dedup is being used regularly now
    but deduplication in general can lead to I/O fragmentation so it isn't
    the default.  Not everyone needs dedup.

    hammer cleanup should have installed a default config for each PFS.

					<dillon@backplane.com>