Re: DragonFlyBSD on Alix board

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 13:29:25 +0200

On 06/03/2011 02:15 PM, Stefano Marinelli wrote:
Hello everybody,
i've an Alix board and it's been running Netbsd for around one year. Never a problem. I'd like to try DragonFlyBSD on it, because of hammer, since the board is mainly working as a small backup server (using usb disks). It seems I have problems,anyway : I can install everything  on the CF on my PC (via usb adapter) and I can boot from it without problems. Using qemu, i could also check that the serial console is working, trying to boot directly from the CF. But when putting the CF on the Alix,
it just reaches the boot0 stage, waits some seconds for the OS choice, and then tries to go on (I see the char going to new line) but stops there. It seems it can't find the boot1 stage. How could i solve/debug it? The cf is the same i used for Netbsd, so i am sure it works perfectly.
I've also tried to install FreeBSD (using DragonFly BSD's same boot stuff) and it works perfectly.

Have you setup the serial console correctly?

I have an alix board myself, and never succeeded in setting up DragonFly on it... but I didn't try too long.

Regards,

Michael