cryptsetup failed to access temporary keystore device

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:18:40 -0400

# cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/da8s0e
WARNING!!! Possibly insecure memory, missing mlockall()

WARNING!
========
This will overwrite data on /dev/da8s0e irrevocably.

Are you sure? (Type uppercase yes): YES
Enter LUKS passphrase:
Verify passphrase:
Failed to access temporary keystore device.

When I dump it, there are no keyslots in use. What's wrong? This is the
external drive on the USB cable; I have created a Hammer filesystem on
another partition.

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.