install on disk that goes in another computer

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:27:37 -0400

A friend of mine gave me a 240 GB laptop hard disk with a USB connector. I'd
like to put DragonFly on it and put it in my laptop. fdisk reports that it
has a Linux filesystem and a swap slice, but attempting to mount it results
in this:

# mount -t ext2fs /dev/da8s1 /mnt
ext2fs: /dev/da8s1: Invalid argument

Running file -s on the disk results in "Input/output error". Running it on the
internal hard disk results in "DOS-executable", "data", and "LUKS encrypted
partition"; the "data" is the Hammer partition. How can I install DragonFly
on the disk?

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.