Re: md5 sums and hammerfs encryption

From: Alex Hornung <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:54:30 +0100

On 25/05/11 15:47, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> Last I checked, I get only one chance to type the password, and as the
> keyboard layout isn't set yet, I usually mess it up. Ubuntu has an early
> cryptdisks init script and a later one, and gives me three tries (which is
> the default according to the man page).

I was intending to do a number of changes to the encryption stuff this
summer anyway, so I'll take that into account. I'll probably up the
default number of tries of the root volume to 2 or 3.

> Also, if root is not encrypted but some other partition is, can the init
> script time out and continue booting without the encrypted partition? For
> rebooting remotely this would be useful.

Yes, I also want to introduce a few changes to crypttab, which is where
these changes would reside. Adding support for a variety of options
including a timeout is in my plans already.

Regards,
Alex