Chromium Browser on DragonFly

From: Matthias Rampke <matthias@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:59:56 +0200

Hello all,

following JustinS' call[1] I have done a preliminary (as in: compiles, doesn't really work yet, see below) port of the Chromium browser to DragonFly BSD.

A first x86_64 binary package is available at [2] (compiled against my setup, e.g. Python 2.7, so YMMV) and the pkgsrc bits to compile it yourself at [3]:

git clone git://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~matthiasr/chromium.git /usr/pkgsrc/wip/chromium
cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/chromium
bmake install
chrome

(this will take a long time.)

I have an i386 build running right now, the package should be available in a few hours.

It starts up [4] but doesn't really work yet; it doesn't load any page, whether from the net or internal (such as settings). Bugfixes are very welcome :)

Hat tips go to JustinS for keeping us all up to date and to all the original *BSD porters, most of all rxg who brought Chromium to NetBSD and pkgsrc - they have done most of the real porting work.

-matthiasr

[1] http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2011/04/29/7697.html
[2] http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~matthiasr/chromium-x86_64.tgz
[3] git://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~matthiasr/chromium.git
[4] http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~matthiasr/chromium-dfly.png