Re: 2.10 Release schedule - Release will be April 23rd 2011

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:28:58 +0530

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>    Saturday Apr 9  - We branch
>    Saturday Apr 23 - We release 2.10
>
>    This gives us two weeks to stabilize the release and build 2011Q1
>    packages.  Developers need to pounce on showstopper bugs such as
>    rebooting issues, mbuf leaks, panics, and so forth.
>
>    There will be a ton of features in this release, including major
>    compiler toolchain updates, better acpi, better swapcache, PF upgrade,
>    HAMMER live dedup, and many many other goodies.

I am following development branch should I wait till 23rd to try live
dedup on my backup servers?
Also Both Backup Servers are on different Floors hosting each others
Slave PFSes.
So Will Deduping the Hammer Filesystem on one affect the Slave PFSes
on the other?

I ask this because I have been terribly busy since December and have
not updated the DragonFLY since Dec 6
I am on .9-DEVELOPMENT DragonFly v2.9.1.176.gc94587-DEVELOPMENT #30:
Mon Dec  6 13:34:38 IST 2010
So 'cleanup' in my case I guess is not DeDuping as of now.

Thanks :-)

--Siju