Re: Dragonfly network changes

From: Matthias Rampke <matthias.rampke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:53:00 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:29, Chris Turner
<c.turner@199technologies.org> wrote:
> On 02/18/11 00:53, Francois Tigeot wrote:
>
>> Do they offer IPv6 ?
>
> man gif(4)

I think whether an ISP offers native IPv6 a very valid question and
everybody should ask it to theirs once in a while … in the meantime
I'm very happy with the (free) service of sixxs.net – their tunneling
is fast (haven't noticed any bandwitdth shortage; adds about 20ms
latency for me) and works even through NATed connections with dynamic
IPs. I haven't tried their software on DFly yet, but it's in pkgsrc
(net/aiccu) and is generally very portable, so it should work
(remember to load tun).

After your tunnel is up and stable for a few weeks you can even get a
/48 subnet assigned. My home network now has 65535 times the size of
all the v4 Internet ;)

Have fun :)
Matthias