Starting vkernels at boot time

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:53:14 +0000

	Hi,

	I've been playing with getting IPV6 up and running using a vkernel
environment as my IPV6 gateway and firewall. It works pretty well but I'm
seeing a few boot time problems:

	Starting a vkernel with a bridged interface at boot time doesn't
work because the bridge isn't created and hooked to the ethernet interface.
The vkernel starts fine but with no network it's unreachable.

	The IPV6 startup doesn't work because there's no
/etc/rc.d/network6_interfaces script or indeed any of the other network6_*
scripts. This is easily worked around by configuring ipv6 in rc.local.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun