Re: How to tell where/how space is used?

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:21:18 -0500

On Wednesday 29 December 2010 20:55:54 Francisco Reyes wrote:
> So the OS sees 11G in use.
>
> Du is only seeing 4.6. Where is the rest? Used by snapshots? Is there a way
> to see the space in use because of snapthos?

I think it's a combination of snapshots, directories, and tree structures. I
can't tell how much is used by other than snapshots, because I upgraded all
packages a few weeks ago. An empty directory in Reiser lists as 48 bytes (53
in some older version); in Hammer it lists as 0 regardless of how many files
are in it.

Pierre

--
Don't buy a French car in Holland. It may be a citroen.