Re: Tor and Polipo

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 02:19:20 -0600

Pierre Abbat wrote:
I'd like to start browsing the onion web. I set up a Tor node, which was pretty easy. I installed the Tor package, made a few changes to the torrc, forwarded a port, and was up and running. Firefox installed Torbutton by just clicking on a link. The missing part is Polipo. I can download and install it from source, but there is no package in pkgin or pkgsrc. How come Tor is in pkgsrc but not Polipo?

my guess would be because noone has simply done it!

there is squid - although it looks like polipo might be easier to configure - unless theres some other feature I'm overlooking?