Re: Firefox, Namoroka, Iceweasel

From: "Constantine A. Murenin" <mureninc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 02:15:12 -0800

On 24 November 2010 08:48, Pierre Abbat <phma@phma.optus.nu> wrote:
> I'm accessing a site which doesn't recognize my Firefox and sends code that
> doesn't work. (It does work with Konqueror on my Linux box when I configure
> it to pretend to be MSIE, so the problem's not urgent.) I suspect it's
> because Firefox sends a browser ID string that doesn't say "Firefox". It ends
> with "Namoroka 3.6.3" instead. I'm using 2010Q1. If I upgrade (which I can't
> till after the semester), will it be fixed?

This is clearly a bug in a web-site and not the browser, since the
web-site is supposed to be testing for specific functionality, instead
of any specific browsers.  Please complain to site owners.

Nonetheless, if you require modification of the user-agent string,
IIRC, this could be adjusted in Mozilla web-browsers in about:config
with the general.useragent.override variable (or some other variables
underneath general.useragent, if you don't require complete user-agent
string overwriting).

C.