Re: 2.8 release schedule - tentitively Wednesday 27 October.

To: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:06:37 +0200
Cc: Matt Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 10/26/2010 21:52, Jan Lentfer wrote:
I installed the 2.8.1 iso on a VM and it seems that it boots into an SMP
kernel, regardless of what option I choose.

I've fixed the bug in my local tree. It seems to be a CD9660 issue (thanks to Samuel J. Greear for helping with bug hunting).

UFS (and hence our USB images) doesn't have it. I guess it has to do with the dots in the directory names (like, kernel.GENERIC) which CD9660 doesn't like.

Also I found it somewhat unusual that if I choose to boot the Install-CD
with SMP Kernel, SMP kernel is not default on the installed system
afterwards, but UP is and I still have to choose SMP in the loader. My
expectation is different.

I have also added this feature to the installer (locally as well) and am testing it at the moment. Will report back later.

Sascha