DragonFly users List (threaded) for 2010-10
Re: Firefox still crashes; ACPI
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 08:47:55AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> You could try disabling ACPI subsystems and hopefully it won't crash,
> and then reenabling one at a time until it crashes.
> Could someone post all the ACPI keywords / loader.conf line for that?
It's explained in acpi(4); you can specify the boot loader variable
debug.acpi.disabled as a space-separated list of keywords (or a keyword)
cpu cpu_cst cpu_pst
acad cmbat lid thermal
bus children all
pci pcib pci_link
- all, bus, or children disable almost everything, so try them at last.
- cpu_cst and cpu_pst are subdrivers of acpi_cpu, so specifying ``cpu''
disables both of them.
- if it's not a laptop PC, you most likely don't need to bother with
acad, cmbat, or lid
- if you experience occasional lock-up and either ACPI or HPET is chosen
as the cputimer (sysctl kern.cputimer.name), try disabling timer and/or
- pci, pcib, and pci_link are disabled by default; you need to explicitly
specify them in another variable named ``debug.acpi.enabled'' to use
- although listed in acpi(4), I couldn't find where quirks or isa are