SMP boot option?

From: Tyler Mills <tylermills@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:55:01 -0500

I don't know how many people do this, but usually my first step when
building a Dragonfly BSD system is building an SMP kernel with
APIC_IO.  I know there are some bugs for some people with regards to
AHCI and other settings, but wouldn't it make sense to have an
SMP/APIC_IO option for bootup? That way you can see if it works, if it
fails boot another kernel.  Similar to how ACPI is treated.

Just bouncing this idea off, I might end up just making my own ISO for
this for my use, and could upload if needed.

--A state, is called the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly lieth it
also; and this lie creepeth from its mouth: "I, the state, am the
people."