A mailing list peculiarity

From: Tron <tron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:44:43 -0700

I recently signed up for this list Placed the first post and was very pleased to discover how quickly the community responded. The peculiar thing is, every reply I get to my original post arrives in duplicate. One copy is to: "users@crater..." and the other to: my email with cc to "users@crater...". Now, is that correct server behavior or am I particularly lucky?
:)