USB image

From: tron <tron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:32:13 -0700

If I want to copy the DF USB image onto my USB stick and I am working under WinXP, can I open the archive with 7zip and just copy the resulting files/folders to the stick or will I need a special app for installing the image to the USB stick? (Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I am only used to the world of Windows and the handbook on DF page only discusses installation with CD.)