Re: chlamydia inconsistency? part II.

From: Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@xxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:01:20 +0200

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:28:09 +0200
Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bodzar@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi to all, Francois Tigeot and others,

I will answer with this e-mail to other posts too.

> On which real platform is it? (Win, Linux, some BSD) Which version of
> VirtualBox? Did you choose type of OS as FreeBSD or Other?

Not so happy picture emerged. Ad rem.

My main workhorse is Scientific Linux (SL) 5.5- one of the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) clone (it has all RHEL marks removed but it is
pure RHEL just like PC-BSD which runs on "pure" FreeBSD).

VirtualBox 3.2.8 r64453 (rather latest).

I used DragonFly-x86_64-LATEST-ISO.iso from September 23.

For DFBSD in VBox I chose:
Operating System - Other
         Version - Other/Unknown

During installation on virtual disk I selected ***other*** then US
keyboard and console fonts (do not ask me which and what else, I didn't
save the data).

1. It appeared that
a) first, I had declared too small root partition (DFBSD's algorithm
did so).
b) second, another bug emerged - I pointed to two seg-faults:
- on pkg_radd mc
- and on pkgsrc during compilation of mc package

ad. a) It was a bug, will be removed what Sasha Wildner declared here:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2010-09/msg00130.html

ad. b) Creating bigger root and home partition were to remove the
sig-faults. Alas, it didn't happen.

http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_06.png -> mc compilation
http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_07.png -> kbdmap
http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_08.png -> kbdmap
http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_09.png -> kbdmap
http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_10.png -> kbdmap

It seems to me that Francois Tigeot
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2010-09/msg00125.html
was 100% correct.

Francis, you wrote:
Did you by chance customize any locale value ?

I misinterpreted the word "any" relating it to keyboard language but
probably it concerns **ANY** language settings - be it keyboard or
console fonts, etc. I'm not sure which settings give the sig-faults as
I changed all the three language values but your claims is valid.

I hope the above screenshots will help to nail the culprit.
Francis Tigeot wrote about devel/gettext-lib, here it was kbdmap.

So,

2.
a) I have made 10GB virtual disk in VBox, increased root size from 256MB
to 512MB, and descreased /usr partition from 8192MB to 6000MB, leaving
the saved space to /home partition.

http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_11.png -> sysinstall (old values)
http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_08.png -> df -h      (new values)

b) I didn't touch the language setting points - there are three of them.

All problems vanished.

I have written at the beginning that "Not so happy picture emerged."
becasue using Polish fonts with diacritic signs is essential to me.

Perhaps Francis has more to say on the issue.

3.
BTW. Why mc says "Unknown terminal: cons25"? I'm not able to run mc at
present. See: http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_10.png

Thanks all for your help and patience.

Regards
Przemysław

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2@o2.pl