Re: chlamydia inconsistency? part III

From: Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@xxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:44:39 +0200

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:38:19 -0700 (PDT)
Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

> :It just appeared that newest DFBSD ISO
> :- DragonFly-x86_64-LATEST-ISO.iso -
> :contains more files in / directory than slice for the directory
> :suggested by the system during installation is able to accomodate
> them.
>
>     You are trying to install DragonFly onto a tiny little disk... I
>     assume a virtual disk.  The installer is doing the best it can
>     but it just isn't enough space.  You certainly can't build/install
>     any significant pkgsrc packages on something that small and expect
>     it to work!

Why 5 GB is too small? :-O
Of course, it is virtual disk as created by VBox. VBox suggested 2GB
which I increased to 5 GB. pkgsrc is placed withing /usr directory
what one of the pictures clearly show (/usr = 3GB size, 1.4 GB Used,
1.5 GB Avail).

Evidently I have gotton not enough space but I wouldn't be so sure the
"installer is doing the best", just contrary.

>     For playing around I would make the disk at least 10G,

I will. Thanks.

> and if
>     you want to play with the HAMMER filesystem (which is the default
>     for DragonFly in a normal installation) then the minimum
> recommendation is 50G.

Regards

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2@o2.pl