Re: Weird entry in ISO

From: Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:10:33 +0200

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:04:14 -0300
Sdävtaker <sdavtaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What about DF basic system software divided into sets similar to
> > sets found in OpenBSD?
>
> You got metapackages in pkg_src

> The more important reason i see is... Its a lot harder to remove a
> package than install it. And if you working with servers you dont want
> loose ends.

I do not think OpenBSD and NetBSD teams didn't think it over. After
all the packages aka sets are destined for CD for faster installation.

Having dozens of servers under your control you can install what you
need but after that you can download or upgrade every application with
its dependencies not adhering to sets. Perhaps I forget something
again, I hope not. ;-)

Regards

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2@o2.pl