Re: w3m / boehm-gc issue (really is getcontext in x86_64)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

:Dear all,
:
:I started using dragonfly not too long ago. I wanted to build w3m from
:pkgsrc on x86_64. Configure failed in a check for libgc, which is installed.
:I found out that libgc uses getcontext (and assumes it to exist) which it
:doesn't on x86_64 dragonfly.
:To fix boehm-gc + w3m, I just inserted a defined(__DragonFly__) into mach_deps.c
:Would it be a good idea to port the i386 version of getcontext into x86_64? I
:am willing to do that, then.
:
:Markus

   Yes, it would be a good idea!  I didn't even realize that we did not
   have a getcontext() implementation for x86_64 in libc.  It looks
   fairly straight-forward if you are familiar with x86_64 argument
   passing.  If you have questions you can ask them here or on irc.

					<dillon@backplane.com>