HEADS UP - pkgsrc git repo changes

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

    Our pkgsrc git repo has been having problems syncing from netbsd's cvs
    repo so we are switching it over to pull from netbsd's git repo, which
    is something new (or I was too daft to notice it if it's more than a
    year old).

    The fetch git URLs are the same.  Avalon is now pulling from the netbsd
    git repo.  I would still prefer that our users pull from
    git.dragonflybsd.org to avoid overloading netbsd's servers.

    However, the branch names are different.  We are currently pulling
    the netbsd 'master' and 'pkgsrc-2010Q1' branches.  The original branch
    name used by our /usr/Makefile on the ISOs vas 'vendor'.  The 'vendor'
    branch is now frozen.

    So people using the pkgsrc git repo need to switch to the 'master'
    branch and adjust cron jobs and /usr/Makefile appropriately.  Something
    like this should do it:

    cd /usr/pkgsrc
    git fetch origin
    git branch master origin/master
    git checkout master

    And from that point on a 'git pull' will update it.  Also edit your
    /usr/Makefile and change all instances of 'vendor' to 'master'.

    The initial fetch will be big, several hundred megabytes.