Re: configure network and usb into qemu

From: Naoya Sugioka <naoya.sugioka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:32:36 -0700

FYI.  here is my configuration.

1) add bridge/tap devices in kernel config file

pseudo-device   bridge		# Bridging support
pseudo-device	   tap		# Ethernet Packet tunnel.

2) add bridge/tap device init in rc.conf (my phys n/w device is em0)
ifconfig_tap0="create up"
ifconfig_bridge0="create addm em0 up"

3) write if-up/if-down scripts
> cat /usr/local/etc/qemu-ifup
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig ${1} up
ifconfig bridge0 addm ${1}

> cat /usr/local/etc/qemu-ifdown
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig bridge0 deletem ${1}
ifconfig ${1} down

4) startup qemu with following options
I'm using qemu 0.12.2 which works with bridged n/w without any problems.
with SDL.

> cat q.sh
#!/bin/sh
qemu-system-x86_64 -smp 1 -m 256 -boot c  -net nic -net
tap,name=tap0,ifname=tap0,script=/usr/pkg/etc/qemu-ifup,downscript=/usr/pkg/etc/qemu-ifdown
-cdrom ${1} ${2}

> qemu-system-x86_64 -version
QEMU PC emulator version 0.12.2, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

Hope this helps you. I never tired to configure usb though.

thank you,
-Naoya