Re: Minimum size for a hammer file system?

To: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:13:59 +0200

Am 23.04.2010 11:47, schrieb Steve O'Hara-Smith:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:21:27 +0200
Sascha Wildner<saw@online.de>  wrote:

Am 23.04.2010 09:19, schrieb Colin Adams:
I thought I had previously seen (on this mailing list) advice that
hammer was designed for use on 500GB systems or bigger. Accordingly, as
I only have a 160GB drive, I am not using it.

But just now (after reading some of today's messages), I took a look at
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/ to learn more about hammer. There is
says it is designed to be used on 50GB or more. So was I misreading
earlier, or have improvements meant it is now practical for smaller file
systems?

50MB is what we recommend officially, thought people also have run it on

er 50GB

Uh, sorry, of course! :)

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx