Re: CD Boot 2.6.1

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:31:43 -0700 (PDT)

:This morning I downloaded dfly-i386-2.6.1_REL.iso.bz2, decompressed it
:and burned it onto a CD.
:When I try to boot my system from it I get the following error.
:
:Building databases...
:Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
:fault vertual address = 0x8
:fault code = supervisor read, page not present
:instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc033dff8
:stack pointer = 0x10:0xd2396950
:frame pointer = 0x10:0xd23969c0
:code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
:                        = DPL 0, pres 1, defs21, gran 1
:processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
:current process = 295 (dev_mkdb)
:kernel: type 12 trap, code = 0
:stopped at dsioctl+0x39: movl 0x8(%ebx), %esi
:db>
:
:and there it hangs.
:
:There didn't seem to be any errors up to that point.
:
:Thanks, Jim Chapman

    Hmm.  Very odd.  The disk doesn't have a slices struct.  Are any
    drives other than the CD detected by the system boot?  If so try
    disconnecting them and see if the CD boots.  I suspect there's an
    unformatted drive connected that is tickling the bug.

					<dillon@backplane.com>