Re: Ideas and questions on pkgsrc

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:33:03 +0000

Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:

My by far most important gripe w/ pkgsrc is the inability to do mass
upgrades from binary packages in a straightforward manner. Not even sure
if it's anything the pkgsrc developers are concerned with.

Can't you do this if you have the right make targets (e.g. check binary packages first) and pkg_rolling-replace?

I think the problem you mean is more is 'mass upgrades from binary packages in a remote location' ..

I think yeah - a lot of pkgsrc folks have a site-local /usr/pkgsrc/packages hanging out in their automounter somewhere ..