Re: DNLA server

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:39:43 +0000

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:39:29 -0300
Sdävtaker <sdavtaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Im wondering if there is any dnla server ported to dfbsd, does someone
> tried to setup one?

	The pkgsrc package wip/ushare works fine as a DNLA server, I had to
fiddle with the mime types to get avi files to play on a PS3 - the mime
type is correct for playing on an Xbox 360[1] by default. There's also
multimedia/mediatomb in pkgsrc but it looked like it did a lot more than I
wanted so I didn't try it.

[1] This is something of an irritation because we now have both of these
machines and I would love to have streaming working to both of them.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun