Re: ltp man page

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 00:29:32 +0800

Pierre Abbat wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to try out ltp. I looked at the man page and found this sentence:

Pan uses the signal ratchet found in other zoo tools.

Huh???

Pierre

. . should make sense in context of what follows;

"The first time pan is signaled it sends a SIGTERM to the active pgrps; the second time it sends SIGHUP; the third time a SIGINT; after that it always sends SIGKILL."

- but perhaps not to all native-languages.

Perhaps 'escalates' or 'succesively re-tries with increaesd urgency' of its signals (until it has terminated all ...)

. .. might be more clear.

Just omitting the sentance you cite and starting with the one I've cited above strikes me as better yet....

Bill