Re: [Fwd: pkgbox64 pkgsrc DragonFly 2.5.1/x86_64 2009-11-24 21:49]

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:57:41 +0100

Matthew Dillon schrieb:
:justin@shiningsilence.com wrote:
:> DragonFly 2.5 on x86_64 packages, for pkgsrc-2009Q3, are updated. :> However! They are still uploading, as pkgbox64 doesn't have a lot of
:> outgoing bandwidth. The packages should all be on avalon.dragonflybsd.org
:> in the next day or two; it's on the 'g' files right now.
:
:The numbers are great! The x86_64 switch does not seem to have made :significant problems.
:
:cheers
: simon

   It occurs to me that with some minor scripting we could automate the
   upload to occur in parallel with the build.  Upload as the packages
   are built and only have to worry about not catching the binary package
   as it is being created.  Then the uplink bandwidth wouldn't matter so
   much.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@backplane.com>

In discussion with Justin I already offered that I have a box here I bought for use for DF only. By next week I will have 1Mbit upload for this machine. In addition to your suggestion could we also find a way to split the build up on 2-x machines? That would make us even more independent of one machine and one line and speed up build & upload times.

cheers

Jan