linuxulator update

From: "Alex Hornung" <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:10:15 -0000

Hi,

With our outdated linux emu (linuxulator) we can't run most of the software
that can run on FreeBSD, such as newer jre/jdk, ... ( see bug report 1141
[1] for more details).

To actually be able to update the linuxulator, it would be very helpful to
have LTP (Linux Test Project)[2] working on DragonFly. This is a relatively
simple task that many end-users (as in non-developers) could do, and which
would make it possible to identify what exactly we are lacking, what needs
updating and once it is updated, directly testing to see if it works as
expected. LTP would be compiled on some linux machine, and then made to run
on our current linuxulator to identify these issues.

If anyone would step up to do this task, we could immediately start updating
the code with considerably less effort than without LTP. So please, if
someone wants to start contributing without actual coding, this is a great
opportunity which would result in great benefit for everyone.

Cheers,
Alex Hornung

[1]: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue1141
[2]: http://ltp.sourceforge.net/