Re: [Fwd: avalon pkgsrc DragonFly 2.5.1/i386 2009-11-05 02:34]

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:54:27 -0500

> 2009/11/13  <justin@shiningsilence.com>:

> Well, pkg_radd does one thing, albeit well.  pkgin wraps this
> functionality up, along with providing other tools in one --- perhaps
> pkgin could just use pkg_radd directly, but that seems a little
> pointless, IMO.

I meant the other way - pkg_radd is a wrapper around setting a variable
and then running pkg_add.  If we knew pkgin was added to the system, we
could change it to work the same way but use pkgin for the underlying
action.  This way, when someone wanted to move to a more complex task,
pkgin would be there.

We'd probably want to make pkg_radd a separate pkgsrc package (in style,
not necessarily part of pkgsrc) so that it wouldn't be "orphaned" by
someone removing the pkgin package.  Or I suppose it could revert to the
current behavior...