Re: [Fwd: avalon pkgsrc DragonFly 2.5.1/i386 2009-11-05 02:34]

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:44:16 -0500

>     I have a question for pkgin users.... should we include pkgin as
>     part of the official dist?  i.e. put it in the release ISOs/IMGs
>     like we do the git utilities, not bring it into base.  It would
>     still be a package.

I haven't been using pkgin enough to know, but: can we make pkg_radd a
frontend for pkgin that performs the same way as pkg_radd does now?  i.e.
it grabs the appropriate named package, and that's it.

Having two different tools can make life a bit harder, and I like how
straightforward pkg_radd can be.  But, I like having more (any?) options
for package manipulation consistently available.