Re: disklabel or disklabel64 for vkernel on AMD64

From: Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:02:23 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 01:01:39PM +0530, Saifi Khan wrote:
> > On my AMD64X2 box, i've buildworld+buildkernel with SMP enabled
> > and want to setup vkernel.
> >
> > Referring to the vkernel setup here
> > http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/user/vKernelSetup/
>
> I believe your real problem is that vkernel won't build on
> amd64 or x86_64 system yet.

Eventually people are going to need VKERNEL for X86_64 as well.

May be i'll try to read up stuff about how VKERNEL configuration
is written for i386 and then come up with a possible
X86_64-VKERNEL and supporting code.

As i get stuck and face problems, i'll try and keep posting to
users@ and hopefully experienced folks will have some inputs.

thanks
Saifi.