Re: Asus EEE PC 900 boot - broken?

From: Michael <mwtuea@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Oct 2009 21:02:47 GMT

Alexander Polakov <polachok@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/10/18, Michael <mwtuea@gmail.com>:
>> Hello:
>>
>> This netbook used to work, according to the wiki. It has an SSD.
>> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/user/asuseee900/
>>
>> With the latest master img, the machine hangs on boot (no matter which menu
>> option I select) after this line:
>>
>> atapci0: <Intel ICH6M SATA150 controller> port 0xffa0-0xffaf,
>> 0x376,0x170-0x177,0x3f6,0x1f0-0x1f7 at device 31.2 on pci0
>> ata0: <ATA channel 0> on atapci0
>
> I'm the guy who wrote the wiki entry. Are you sure that hardware and
> BIOS are okay? I'm running master (2.5.1) now with no problem. It
> stucks on ata0 for a second or two and then continues booting. I'll
> try with installation snapshot later.

Ah, it was my BIOS that were horribly out of date! Thank you for bringing that
to my attention, after updating I'm now able to boot fine.

Earlier, I created an EEE900Unbootable page[1] on the wiki as per Justin's
suggestion, so for now I'll just edit it and tell people to update their BIOS at
the top.

The only other issue I encountered at boot was DragonFly trying to mount root
from da9s1a (the SD card reader) instead of da8s1a (my flash drive). But all I
had to do was type in the correct root device.

Thanks again.

[1] http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/user/eee900unbootable/