Re: Asus EEE PC 900 boot - broken?

From: Michael <mwtuea@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Oct 2009 04:18:46 GMT

"Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:

> On Sat, October 17, 2009 8:13 pm, Michael wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> This netbook used to work, according to the wiki. It has an SSD.
>> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/user/asuseee900/
>>
>> With the latest master img, the machine hangs on boot (no matter which
>> menu
>> option I select) after this line:
>
> This was with master - the wiki page lists 2.3.2 as the installed system
> that worked on a Eee 900.  2.3.2 and 2.4 were pretty similar, so it may be
> worth trying 2.4 as a test.  Failing that, there may be a 2.3.2 snapshot
> around somewhere, if you have the time to dedicate to searching backwards
> that way...

Thanks for the response. I probably should have mentioned that 2.4.1 had the
same issue. And now after having tested a few development snapshots from as
early as August 2 (over a month prior to the wiki article's creation), it's
starting to look like my hardware was never supported in the first place :
( I'm guessing the wiki author somehow had a slightly different version of
the EEE 900, or I'm doing something wrong.

I suppose I'll give up on this for now, unless anyone has further
suggestions.