Re: 2.0 packages being removed from avalon

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:49:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, September 22, 2009 10:00 am, Jordan Gordeev wrote:

> Who is gonna be hurt if 2.0 packages remain available?

"Current + previous release" is the plan for keeping the packages around;
at some point they are not useful any more, and this plan gives them a
year of life.  We can extend this if it turns out there's people that are
both staying at old versions and needing binary packages to be available,
but I don't think that's the case (yet).

Pkgsrc quarterly releases are only updated for the quarter they are
current, so this seems to cover enough time to cover most usage.