A little installing experience

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:27:35 +0300

I got a shiny new HP server to test and it might happen that I can't get
all issues with DragonFly on it solved before I'll loose it for testing,
therefore will document problems found so far.

* Network doesn't work. The bce(4) driver in our tree needs and update to
  get support for 5709 devices.

* PS2 keyboard doesn't work at all in DragonFly, the USB one works only
  sometimes. There is two issues. At first PS2 isn't actually a real PS2,
  but emulated one. This commit in OpenBSD is relevant probably:

  http://anoncvs.estpak.ee/cgi-bin/cgit/openbsd-src/commit/?id=08a81789

  The second issue is that there is always at least one USB keyboard and
  mouse in the system - virtual ones from ILO management console.
  Therefore there are problems choosing between these and real ones. We
  need keyboard muxing to solve this issue.

* The system doesn't boot from ciss(4) raid volume. Mounting root is
  attempted before volume (da0) is really detected. It's a devfs issue,
  pre-devfs system boots fine.

* System behaves well when installing, but after booting into installed
  system from raid volume (pre-devfs system) there are constant intr 11
  livelock messages in the console and the system is under 50% interrupt
  load. This is gone if I disconnect SATA DVD (not ahci(4)) device. Why it
  isn't the while installing?

There might be more of course, help is welcome ;).

--
Hasso Tepper