Re: kernel: HAMMER: WARNING: Missing inode for dirent

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:39:04 +0530

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Matthew
Dillon<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>    Were you accessing a snapshot or the live filesystem at the time of
>    the warning?

I was accessing the live file system.

>    The snapshots have an occassional issue in that the snapshot can be
>    taken inbetween the creation of an inode and the related directory
>    entry.  From the snapshot's point of view the directory entry exists
>    but the inode does not.

Snapshots are disabled in my case. So that must not be the reason I guess
There was a lot of Data being written to the pfs in this case.
backuppc was rsyncing GBs of Data from 3 differrent machines and
hammer mirror-stream was mirroring it to the slave pfs on the fly.

Thanks for your reply :-)

--Siju