Re: ASUS Eee compatibility

To: John Leimon <jleimon@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:22:02 +0100

Am Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:00:01 -0500
schrieb John Leimon <jleimon@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tested the lasted version of dragonfly with an ASUS Eee
> netbook? I would like to know if there are any hardware compatibility
> issues.

I have this ASUS EEE PC 1000H lying next to me, and DragonFly works
perfectly on it [1]. It boots fine from the USB stick edition. Hardware
is supported except the wireless (wired works with the ale driver). I
haven't tested X because I didn't want to overwrite Windows :)

I don't remember if I tried the SMP kernel (the Atom features Hyper
Threading). I think I did and it worked.

I can really recommend this little and cheap piece of hardware,
especially when you travel a lot.

Regards,

  Michael

[1] http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2008-12/msg00075.html