Re: HAMMER and RAID 5

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:19:14 +0100

Mag Gam wrote:
I was wondering if HAMMER will ever have network based RAID 5. After
researching several file systems it seems HAMMER is probably  the
closest to achieve this problem and will make HAMMER a pioneer.

Any thoughts or ideas?

There is a SoC project dealing with local redundancy. I don't think that it will be an overly big deal to run this over network, but it needs more infrastructure then.

cheers
  simon

--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /