Re: New mirror in Russia

From: "Constantine A. Murenin" <mureninc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:37:24 -0500

On 25/02/2009, Matthias Schmidt <matthias@dragonflybsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
>  > On 22/02/2009, Justin C. Sherrill <justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:
>  >

> > Speaking of mirrors in Russia, there is no internet in the Asian part
>  > of Russia, let alone any mirrors, so it's a bit strange that Russian
>  > mirrors are still listed in the Asian section of the mirrors page. :)
>

> I was the one who listed Russia in the Asian section.  The reason was
>  pretty simple, more parts of Russia are part of the Asian continent so
>  the majority won :)  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural_Mountains

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Russia.

The majority of active internet users in Russia reside in Moscow
alone.  I suggest we rename Russia to Moscow, to be more informative,
and list it under Europe. Speaking of which, in practical terms,
Moscow isn't even Russia (well, this is an inside joke :), so
technically, this mere suggestion is not even meant to be taken as a
joke.

Seriously, though, all the known DragonFly mirrors in Russia are
located specifically in Moscow for the reasons specified above, so
please do move them from Asia to Europe to avoid the confusion. :-)

C.