Re: Hammer or ZFS based backup, encryption

From: invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 21 Feb 2009 22:49:33 GMT

On 2009-02-21, Csaba Henk <csaba.henk@creo.hu> wrote:

snip

> I don't feel like dwelving into Solaris

This is a little off topic...but

I don't blame you as I have gone through installing and then ditching
Solaris more than a few times myself. This last time with Solaris 10
10/08 I think it's going to be a keeper.

I think it's worth running Solaris and the native ZFS. It won't cost
you anything but time and some grey hairs. But may I suggest you
download the Solaris installation check tool and burn a disc, boot it
and see what it says about your drivers, before downloading the
Solaris DVD...