Re: Installation on Yet Another Netbook

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 03:01:02 +0100

Christopher Rawnsley wrote:
So now to the present day. I have re-synced with the git repo and this time I tried a 'make img release' and dd the resultant image to my USB flash drive. I tried to boot the image but all I got back from it was that there was no operating system ( one of the messages at the beginning of the image when I viewed the data in a hex editor ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for being patient with me :-)

Try using packet mode on the image:

boot0cfg -B -o packet /dev/sd0

cheers
  simon

--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /