Re: HEADS UP: Dropping ISA & EISA support

To: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:41:56 +0100

David Rhodus schrieb:
I'm curious how the vga driver will be affected.
I have a few old systems still in production that run console only that use ISA video cards.

The vga driver is a special case and would remain unchanged for now (it initializes very very early through the backdoor and then attaches to the isa bus even for PCI cards).

Do you have a patch set to test the ISA removal ?

No I haven't, work on it hasn't even started yet.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx