can't find root filesystem on live CD problem

From: Ed Berger <eberger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:20:25 -0500

I have a 'debranded' HP m8000n media PC currently with an IDE DVD-RW drive, which replaced the original (defective) SATA dvd-rw drive, that I'd like to run dragonfly on, but I can't boot up from a dragonfly live CD-ROM enough to install. I have had no problem installing vista, or centos on the machine.

It stops with a mountroot> prompt

before that I get error messages like

acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG HARDWARE ERROR asc=0x08 ascq=0x03
Root mount failed: 5
no disk named 'adcd1'
setrootbyname failed

earlier it said: