Re: The state of DragonFly and pkgsrc 2008Q4

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:54:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, January 3, 2009 1:05 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     I'm strongly considering delaying 2.2 until the end of January.
>     I am nowhere near done with the hammer fsck directive.  That would
>     give us a chance to rebuild Q4 ?

Assuming these building issues are fixed, it'd take about a week to build
pkgsrc-2008Q4 and then another period of time (another week?) for it to
propagate out to mirrors.  So, it seems like it would work.

However, the build happening now, assuming there isn't significant
breakage, would work well as an upgrade from the existing set of binaries.
 I'd hate to hold up the release for what may be a relatively
inconsequential update to a number of packages.

A better way to say this: re-entrant functions aside, if the bulk build
running now finishes with lots of working packages, let's go with that.