My personal pkgsrc FAQ

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:21:00 +0200

Because I happen to be in the position where my person can be associated
with pkgsrc, there are lot of questions asked from me whether and how
situation with packages can and/or should be improved etc. I'll try to
answer most of questions in this mail (just my personal FAQ) and to start
some discussion.

Q: Pkgsrc sucks, why we don't use <some random> package management system?
A: There is no real alternatives. Unless someone finds 10+ people working
   on our own packaging system (packages), there is no point to have "our
   own" system. And unless someone finds other packaging system with focus
   on portability and with reasonably big number of packages, there is no
   point to use something else either.

Q: But I'm willing to help to port <some random> package management system
   to DragonFly!