Console screen corruption?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:51:11 -0800

I've installed dfly using the kvm/qemu emulator and I'm seeing
strange corruption of the console screen at times.

Some lines of text will have every other character blacked out,
and some lines display perfectly.  Does this sound like some sort
of confusion between ascii and utf-8, perhaps?  That's the only
thing I can think of.

One notable clue is that dfly and freebsd are the only systems I
have this problem with. OpenBSD, NetBSD and linux work correctly,
so I'm hoping someone may know what code dfly and fbsd use that
would account for the problem.

Thanks for any hints.