Re: Hal and DragonFly

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:05:06 +0200

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Although HAL is somewhat standard now, it seems it's going to be
> replaced: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

> You know, continuing to use something once it has established itself
> more or less is somewhat boring, so let's just go for something new
> ;-)

:)

> But seriously, if you don't like HAL, maybe just skip it and directly
> jump to DeviceKit ?

I just don't have resources for that at the moment. Making HAL work is
mostly porting work for me - FreeBSD guys have already done most of work
for us ;).

And it not just about disliking HAL itself ... Even more I dislike the
fact that more and more stuff is just unusable without it. You can't have
even simple sound output in KDE4 without HAL (which actually motivated me
to work on it ;).

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper